- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Birk - Gaines
Heather Diane Birk and Bradley Wayne Gaines exchanged vows June 11, 2011, at Immanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church in Jackson. The Rev. Mark Boettcher performed the ceremony. Organist and pianist was Wanda Aufdenberg of Jackson, cousin of the bride. Soloist was Erika Beasley of Cape Girardeau.
The bride is the daughter of Ralph and Diane Birk of Jackson. The groom is the son of Kimberly Williams of Cape Girardeau and Johnny and Melissa Gaines of Kelso, Mo.
Maid of honor was Natalie Fluchel of Jackson. Bridesmaids were Teresa Birk of Jackson, aunt of the bride; Elizabeth Booker of Steelville, Mo.; Amanda Steinhage of Clarksville, Mo.; Kelsie Birk and Denise Yamnitz of Jackson and cousins of the bride.
Brad Clark of Jackson was best man. Groomsmen were Herb Seyer of Cape Girardeau; Benjamin Williams of Cape Girardeau, brother of the groom; Eric Birk of Jackson, brother of the bride; Eric Fluchel of Jackson; and Alex James of Kelso, stepbrother of the groom. Ushers were Dustin Gill of Cape Girardeau and Quentin Kelley of Jackson.
Candlelighters were Toni Roesch of Fenton, Mo., and Renee Clark of Jackson.
Flower girls were Kota Inman and Mattie Clark. Honorary ringbearer was Jared Birk. Kota is the daughter of Keith and Nancy Inman of Cape Girardeau and cousin of the groom. Mattie is the daughter of Brad and Renee Clark of Jackson and goddaughter of the bride and groom. Jared is the late son of Dale and Teresa Birk of Jackson, cousin and godson of the bride.
Kate Koch of Jackson, cousin of the bride, attended the guest book.
Program attendants were Austin Birk of Jackson, cousin of the bride, and Kaleb Inman of Cape Girardeau, cousin of the groom.
A dinner and dance reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner June 10 in the church hall.
Mrs. Gaines is a 2005 graduate of Jackson High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in health science from Maryville University in 2009, and an associate of applied science degree in physical therapy from St. Louis Community College-Meramec in 2011. She is a physical therapist assistant at Life Care Centers of Cape Girardeau.
The groom is a 2005 graduate of Central High School. He is a truck driver with 1st Tire and Wheel in Cape Girardeau.
After a wedding trip to Nashville, Tenn., the couple is residing in Jackson.