- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
Final Drive by Shelly Hess
My memoir will touch many hearts. I went through love, divorce, affair, and loss in just 90 days. Please let me share my story with you.
2011 Indie Excellence Award Memoir Finalist
FINAL DRIVE BY SHELLY HESS
New Release That Explores a Family's Response to Losing a Father and Husband
Final Drive is released by author Shelly Hess, as told to Vivien Kooper
"We stand at the beginning of a new year -- or a new relationship, a new job, or even a simple drive out in the country -- and we imagine the road ahead, as if we could see clear and straight. As if there were no bends in the road that seemingly come out of nowhere." These words from the book's forward provide a haunting preview of the author's story of love and heartbreak.
Final Drive follows the story of a Midwestern family's great loss when, out of the blue, Hess' husband tells her he wants a divorce. He says he's no longer in love with her and wants to shed his family responsibilities. Seemingly overnight, he goes from being a devoted husband and father to someone who acts as if his family and 20-year marriage meant nothing. Tragedy strikes again a few months later when Bill dies after a terrible motorcycle accident near a road called Final Drive. Hess must help her two children deal with the emotional fallout from losing their father. Along the way, she discovers how to triumph in the face of adversity.
Author Shelly Hess lives in a St. Louis suburb and works in the medical billing industry. She hopes sharing her experience will encourage and inspire those facing their own challenges.
Dog Ear Publishing
ISBN: 978-160844-994-1 324 pages US
Available at Ingram, Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble and fine bookstores everywhere.