- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Pretrial date set in Cairo arson case
CAIRO, Ill. -- A pretrial date has been set for one of the men charged in connection with the January arsons in and near Cairo.
David Patrick, 22, of Arlington, Ky., has been scheduled for pretrial at 9 a.m. Sept. 28.
Patrick and Richard Scott Pitcher, 18, of Cairo, are accused of setting fires near the Mississippi River levee and in Cairo earlier this year.
Pitcher is scheduled for trial Oct. 18 at the Alexander County Courthouse.
Both men face two counts of arson.
Patrick and Pitcher are former members of the Cairo auxiliary fire department.
2000 Washington Ave., Cairo, IL