- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)9
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)19
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
Southeast Missouri is blessed to have many churches that do outstanding work in the community -- and have done so for years. One of these churches in Cape Girardeau, Bethany Baptist Church, will be celebrating a major milestone this Sunday, Aug. 14.
To mark the occasion several dignitaries, guests and former pastors will be on hand for a special service at 9:30 a.m. Following the service the church will host a fellowship lunch.
We send our congratulations to Bethany for 50 years in ministry, and also we commend the many other churches that provide a venue for worship and reach out to the local community and beyond.