- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)1
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
Southeast Missouri is blessed to have many churches that do outstanding work in the community -- and have done so for years. One of these churches in Cape Girardeau, Bethany Baptist Church, will be celebrating a major milestone this Sunday, Aug. 14.
To mark the occasion several dignitaries, guests and former pastors will be on hand for a special service at 9:30 a.m. Following the service the church will host a fellowship lunch.
We send our congratulations to Bethany for 50 years in ministry, and also we commend the many other churches that provide a venue for worship and reach out to the local community and beyond.