- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
Southeast Missouri is blessed to have many churches that do outstanding work in the community -- and have done so for years. One of these churches in Cape Girardeau, Bethany Baptist Church, will be celebrating a major milestone this Sunday, Aug. 14.
To mark the occasion several dignitaries, guests and former pastors will be on hand for a special service at 9:30 a.m. Following the service the church will host a fellowship lunch.
We send our congratulations to Bethany for 50 years in ministry, and also we commend the many other churches that provide a venue for worship and reach out to the local community and beyond.