- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)4
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Southeast Missouri is blessed to have many churches that do outstanding work in the community -- and have done so for years. One of these churches in Cape Girardeau, Bethany Baptist Church, will be celebrating a major milestone this Sunday, Aug. 14.
To mark the occasion several dignitaries, guests and former pastors will be on hand for a special service at 9:30 a.m. Following the service the church will host a fellowship lunch.
We send our congratulations to Bethany for 50 years in ministry, and also we commend the many other churches that provide a venue for worship and reach out to the local community and beyond.