- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting (5/28/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Southeast Missouri is blessed to have many churches that do outstanding work in the community -- and have done so for years. One of these churches in Cape Girardeau, Bethany Baptist Church, will be celebrating a major milestone this Sunday, Aug. 14.
To mark the occasion several dignitaries, guests and former pastors will be on hand for a special service at 9:30 a.m. Following the service the church will host a fellowship lunch.
We send our congratulations to Bethany for 50 years in ministry, and also we commend the many other churches that provide a venue for worship and reach out to the local community and beyond.