- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
New evidence in case of missing Bootheel girl
SENATH, Mo. (AP) -- Investigators in Southeast Missouri are hopeful that new evidence will help them find 3-year-old Breeann Rodriguez.
The girl was last seen Saturday riding a bike with training wheels in front of her home in Senath. The Kennett Daily Dunklin Democrat reports that authorities aren't disclosing the new evidence, but are now focusing a search south of the town of 1,600 residents about 150 miles south of St. Louis.
Police are also seeking a white van that had been spotted in the area. Town Marshal Omar Karnes says the older model van has no windows and a ladder on the back.
A $45,000 reward is being offered in the case. Breeann's parents have pleaded for her return.
Information from: Daily Dunklin Democrat, http://www.dddnews.com