- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Jo Ann Emerson to discuss debt crisis at Kiwanis Club on Thursday
U.S. Rep. Jo Ann Emerson is scheduled to discuss the nation's debt crisis, fiscal condition and other recent Congressional issues Thursday night at the monthly meeting of the Cape Girardeau Kiwanis Club.
The Cape Girardeau Republican is expected to speak at 7 p.m. after a 6:30 p.m. dinner.
"These are challenging times for working families and the economic climate reflects the urgency needed to get our government's spending and borrowing under control, as well as to create a positive environment for economic growth," Emerson said in a release.
The meeting will be held at VFW Post No. 3838, 1049 N. Kingshighway in Cape Girardeau.