- Emergency c-section on dead mother saves baby following I-55 wreck (05/15/16)19
- Big drug haul made during Cape Girardeau bust (05/17/16)11
- Police charge Perryville man with statutory rape of two underage girls (05/17/16)
- Teen shot outside apartment off Lorimier Street (05/20/16)39
- Body found Thursday at Ranney Park in Cape (05/20/16)10
- Bollinger County deputies bust man on meth-for-sex sting (05/20/16)2
- Area farmer pleads guilty to fraud (05/18/16)1
- Perryville man accused of grabbing woman around throat, pulling out her hair (05/18/16)1
- Charleston man accused of fatally shooting Cape teen (05/22/16)24
- Vandals ravage historic Shivelbine house before demolition (05/18/16)25
Investigation continues into June death at Perryville hotel
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- An autopsy has been completed on a woman found dead in Perryville hotel room in late June, but the coroner said he is not releasing the details because the matter is still under investigation.
Perry County Coroner Herb Miller said Tuesday that the autopsy of Nicole Jones has been concluded, including toxicology reports on her drug and alcohol levels.
"The matter is still under investigation and that information won't be released until formal charges are filed," Miller said, declining additional comment.
Steven A. Harbour, a 25-year-old Fredericktown, Mo., man who allegedly sold Jones prescription drugs, including oxycodone, already faces three counts of possession of a controlled substance with the intent to distribute.
Law enforcement and Miller are still collaborating to continue investigation into the incident. Perry County Prosecuting Attorney Thomas L. Hoeh did not return phone calls Tuesday seeking comment.