- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Investigation continues into June death at Perryville hotel
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- An autopsy has been completed on a woman found dead in Perryville hotel room in late June, but the coroner said he is not releasing the details because the matter is still under investigation.
Perry County Coroner Herb Miller said Tuesday that the autopsy of Nicole Jones has been concluded, including toxicology reports on her drug and alcohol levels.
"The matter is still under investigation and that information won't be released until formal charges are filed," Miller said, declining additional comment.
Steven A. Harbour, a 25-year-old Fredericktown, Mo., man who allegedly sold Jones prescription drugs, including oxycodone, already faces three counts of possession of a controlled substance with the intent to distribute.
Law enforcement and Miller are still collaborating to continue investigation into the incident. Perry County Prosecuting Attorney Thomas L. Hoeh did not return phone calls Tuesday seeking comment.