- Oran police chief spanked boy; MSHP filed assault report; no charges followed (8/9/18)11
- Authorities: Infant left in car, dies in Cape Girardeau County (8/13/18)
- Vote 'no' on Prop A (8/2/18)
- Highway patrol finds missing video sought by defense in Sikeston murder case (8/11/18)1
- Federal program to provide free meals for all Cape district students for 4 years (8/7/18)5
- Cape County voters pick Welker, Miller, Tracy, Hovis in Tuesday primaries (8/8/18)
- SEMO native gets Bootheel clicking (8/9/18)
- A 'yes' vote makes more sense on Prop A (7/30/18)14
- Missouri voters reject law banning compulsory union fees (8/8/18)19
- Sikeston DPS loses evidence in murder case (8/4/18)6
Three in Cape face charges after gunshots, car accident
Charges are pending against three people, two of whom were taken to the hospital, following a series of car accidents and gunshots in Cape Girardeau early Saturday.
At about 1:35 a.m., Cape Girardeau police officers responded to a report of a fight at Rhodes 101, 1126 N. Sprigg. St. While they were en route, officers received a report of shots being fired at the same location.
Southeast Missouri State University police arrived on the scene and identified a gray Jeep as the suspect vehicle and told city officers it left, heading north on Sprigg Street.
The vehicle was located by a Cape Girardeau police officer at the Village on the Green apartment complex. The driver, a 21-year-old man, was arrested, according to the police report.
A passenger in the vehicle, a 20-year-old man, then jumped into the driver's seat and attempted to leave, striking a university police vehicle. During that time, a firearm went off inside the vehicle and the 20-year-old suffered a gunshot wound to the right thigh, police said. He was taken to Saint Francis Medical Center. Police said two guns were recovered from vehicle.
A second passenger in the vehicle, a 24-year-old woman, was also transported to Saint Francis Medical Center. She was suffering from facial injuries sustained shortly before when the Jeep struck an electrical transformer at 4 Village Drive, police said.
1126 N. Sprigg St., Cape Girardeau, MO
4 Village Drive, Cape Girardeau, MO