- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Cheek - 70 Years
Mr. and Mrs. Fred Cheek of Cape Girardeau celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary with a luncheon at Dalhousie, hosted by a son and daughter-in-law, Bill and Cathy Cheek.
Cheek and Evelyn Ferguson were married Aug. 1, 1941, in Perryville, Mo. Their attendants were Bill and Beulah Gnann.
The couple has three sons, David (Nancy) Cheek of Mesa, Ariz., Jim Cheek of Crucita, Ecuador, and Bill (Cathy) Cheek of Cape Girardeau. They have three grandchildren, Amy (Chris) Lewis of Mesa, Jason (Holly) Cheek of Marina del Rey, Calif., Andrew (Alexia) Cheek of St. Louis; and three great-grandchildren, Matthew David and Evelyn Faith Lewis of Mesa, and Roxanne Rebecca Cheek of St. Louis.