- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Millersville woman bound over for prescription fraud
A Millersville woman charged with six counts of fraudulently obtaining a controlled substance waived her preliminary hearing on Friday and was bound over to circuit court.
Tara Farrow, 37, was arrested by Cape Girardeau police last month on suspicion of attempting to fraudulently purchase Adderall, prescribed for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, at John's Pharmacy.
Cape Girardeau police were contacted by pharmacy staff when Farrow tried to fill her prescription after allegedly altering the strength of the drug and pill amount prescribed by her doctor.
Police were notified when pharmacy records revealed Farrow had allegedly altered prescriptions before.
She's being held on a $10,000 bond at the Cape Girardeau County Jail.
Farrow will appear for an arraignment Aug. 15.
2001 Independence St., Cape Girardeau, MO