- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Cape Girardeau federal building auction extended again
The auction of the former federal building in Cape Girardeau had less than an hour left on Friday when a new high bid extended the sale until Saturday.
A bid of $470,003 was submitted in the U.S. General Services Administration's online auction of the building Friday afternoon, adding another 24-hour extension to the auction.
The previous high bid was $450,003. Bids are required to be made in increments of at least $10,000.
The GSA's suggested sale price of the 44-year-old building stands at $900,000.
A GSA representative said Wednesday that some interested buyers had toured the site. The GSA would not comment on the bidders' identities.
The public auction page is available at http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucit....
339 Broadway, Cape Girardeau, MO