- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Great coverage on Jetton
Thank you for your recent in-depth coverage of former Republican politician Rod Jetton. I have watched in awe and sadness over the last few years of his political and personal demise. I am elated that he seemingly now has his life back on track. For you see, when I was a 10 year-old little girl, he came and led a backyard Bible club in my neighborhood. Even at 16 he made quite the first impression and was just as charming and charismatic as I'm sure he was in his political career.
It saddened me a great deal to watch his downward spiral, as I knew he came from such a strong Christian background and upbringing. That being said, Christians are never exempt from suffering and turmoil in their lives, especially when they lose sight of God.
I wish Rod Jetton all the best in his newly found life and future endeavors.
SARAH PRUDEN, Scott City, Mo.