- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)29
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
Great coverage on Jetton
Thank you for your recent in-depth coverage of former Republican politician Rod Jetton. I have watched in awe and sadness over the last few years of his political and personal demise. I am elated that he seemingly now has his life back on track. For you see, when I was a 10 year-old little girl, he came and led a backyard Bible club in my neighborhood. Even at 16 he made quite the first impression and was just as charming and charismatic as I'm sure he was in his political career.
It saddened me a great deal to watch his downward spiral, as I knew he came from such a strong Christian background and upbringing. That being said, Christians are never exempt from suffering and turmoil in their lives, especially when they lose sight of God.
I wish Rod Jetton all the best in his newly found life and future endeavors.
SARAH PRUDEN, Scott City, Mo.