- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)4
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
Great coverage on Jetton
Thank you for your recent in-depth coverage of former Republican politician Rod Jetton. I have watched in awe and sadness over the last few years of his political and personal demise. I am elated that he seemingly now has his life back on track. For you see, when I was a 10 year-old little girl, he came and led a backyard Bible club in my neighborhood. Even at 16 he made quite the first impression and was just as charming and charismatic as I'm sure he was in his political career.
It saddened me a great deal to watch his downward spiral, as I knew he came from such a strong Christian background and upbringing. That being said, Christians are never exempt from suffering and turmoil in their lives, especially when they lose sight of God.
I wish Rod Jetton all the best in his newly found life and future endeavors.
SARAH PRUDEN, Scott City, Mo.