- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Police charge 18-year-old in shooting death; may have been accidental (12/11/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Three juveniles charged with making terrorist threat (12/11/16)
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)16
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)35
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Great coverage on Jetton
Thank you for your recent in-depth coverage of former Republican politician Rod Jetton. I have watched in awe and sadness over the last few years of his political and personal demise. I am elated that he seemingly now has his life back on track. For you see, when I was a 10 year-old little girl, he came and led a backyard Bible club in my neighborhood. Even at 16 he made quite the first impression and was just as charming and charismatic as I'm sure he was in his political career.
It saddened me a great deal to watch his downward spiral, as I knew he came from such a strong Christian background and upbringing. That being said, Christians are never exempt from suffering and turmoil in their lives, especially when they lose sight of God.
I wish Rod Jetton all the best in his newly found life and future endeavors.
SARAH PRUDEN, Scott City, Mo.