- Dashcam video of Lowe's truck crash going viral (7/26/17)
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Wreck flips Lowe's truck in Cape (7/25/17)4
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
This month marks the 11th birthday of Tracker, the beagle mascot of the Southeast Missourian Jr.
In addition to celebrating the beloved mascot, this month is also the 11th anniversary of the Southeast Missourian Jr., a publication of this newspaper written for and by young readers. So it's fitting that it was through a contest among children that Tracker received his name.
Scott Anderson, Southeast Missourian graphic artist, drew Tracker after looking over photos of the personal dogs of Cheryl Ellis, targeted sales manager and editor of the Southeast Missourian Jr.
"Tracker has become not only the mascot of the Jr. but pretty much an icon for the Southeast Missourian," said Ellis. "Most people know who he is when then see him, and the kids love him."
Tonight you can help celebrate Tracker's birthday at the Discovery Playhouse. Cake will be served, and children can learn from Scott Anderson how to draw Tracker.
From 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. the public will receive half-price admission to the museum with a donation to "Treats for Tracker's Friends," with proceeds going to local animal shelters. While Tracker will only be making an appearance this evening, the Discovery Playhouse will continue the monthlong celebration with half price admission from 5 to 8 p.m. every Friday in August
Consider joining us tonight at the Discovery Playhouse as we celebrate Tracker and the Southeast Missourian Jr.