- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Israeli military: Palestinians fire rocket, Israel hits back with airstrike
JERUSALEM -- Israel's military says Palestinian militants in Gaza have fired a Grad rocket at southern Israel, and Israel retaliated with an airstrike.
The military said the rocket exploded in an open area. No one was hurt.
Israeli aircraft targeted the militants who fired the rocket late Thursday from eastern Gaza City. Palestinian hospital officials said two people were wounded.
Grad rockets have a longer range than the homemade rockets Gaza militants often fire at southern Israel. The Israelis charge that the Grads are smuggled into Gaza through tunnels under the border with Egypt.
Rocket fire has slowed to a relative trickle in recent months. Daily barrages of dozens of rockets from Gaza led to a large-scale Israeli military operation in Gaza in 2009.