- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Judge hears Mosby's formerly suppressed confession at Robinson hearing (8/9/17)
- $34 million student housing project on schedule, developer says (8/14/17)2
Israeli military: Palestinians fire rocket, Israel hits back with airstrike
JERUSALEM -- Israel's military says Palestinian militants in Gaza have fired a Grad rocket at southern Israel, and Israel retaliated with an airstrike.
The military said the rocket exploded in an open area. No one was hurt.
Israeli aircraft targeted the militants who fired the rocket late Thursday from eastern Gaza City. Palestinian hospital officials said two people were wounded.
Grad rockets have a longer range than the homemade rockets Gaza militants often fire at southern Israel. The Israelis charge that the Grads are smuggled into Gaza through tunnels under the border with Egypt.
Rocket fire has slowed to a relative trickle in recent months. Daily barrages of dozens of rockets from Gaza led to a large-scale Israeli military operation in Gaza in 2009.