- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Police: Nurse assistant stole ring from patient's finger (10/27/16)10
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)10
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Cape teacher resigns after accusation of assaulting student at football game (10/26/16)11
Israeli military: Palestinians fire rocket, Israel hits back with airstrike
JERUSALEM -- Israel's military says Palestinian militants in Gaza have fired a Grad rocket at southern Israel, and Israel retaliated with an airstrike.
The military said the rocket exploded in an open area. No one was hurt.
Israeli aircraft targeted the militants who fired the rocket late Thursday from eastern Gaza City. Palestinian hospital officials said two people were wounded.
Grad rockets have a longer range than the homemade rockets Gaza militants often fire at southern Israel. The Israelis charge that the Grads are smuggled into Gaza through tunnels under the border with Egypt.
Rocket fire has slowed to a relative trickle in recent months. Daily barrages of dozens of rockets from Gaza led to a large-scale Israeli military operation in Gaza in 2009.