- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Thursday bid extends federal building auction
Hours remain to bid on the old federal building in Cape Girardeau -- again.
A bid of $450,003 was submitted in the U.S. General Services Administration's online auction of the building Thursday afternoon, extending the auction until 1:07 p.m. today.
The previous high bid was $425,003, and bids are required to be made in minimum increments of $25,000.
The GSA has a suggested bid price of $900,000.
A GSA spokesperson said Wednesday that some developers had toured the site. The GSA kept their identities confidential, and bids are made anonymously.
The public auction page is available at http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucit....