- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. -- Bernadine Woods Peters, 95, of Poplar Bluff, formerly of Portageville, Mo., died Monday, Aug. 1, 2011, in Poplar Bluff.
She was born Aug. 5, 1915, at Hunter, Mo., daughter of Otto and May Lambert Woods.
In 1951 the family moved to Portageville where her father and brothers founded Woods Lumber Co. She was employed at Barkovitz's Store, then at Farmers Bank in Portageville until retiring in 1985. She was a member of United Methodist Church in Portageville.
Survivors include two daughters, Carolyn (B.H.) Bremermann of Poplar Bluff, Barbara Tipton (Robert Sutton) of Portageville; two sisters, Laverne (Winfred) Upchurch of Glenallen, Mo., Ruth Chenoweth of Cape Girardeau; a sister-in-law, Beth Woods of Ironton, Mo.; three grandchildren, David Crumley of Poplar Bluff, Melanie Tipton of Cape Girardeau, Jennifer Tipton (Steve Franklin) of Austin, Texas; a great-grandson, Ryan Crumley of Poplar Bluff; and two great-great-granddaughters, Adalyn and Laci.
She was preceded in death by her parents; two brothers, Lester (Lillian) and Hugh Woods; a sister, Helen (George) Spence; and a son-in-law, Dewitt Tipton.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time today at DeLisle Funeral Home in Portageville.
The funeral will be at noon today at the funeral home, with the Revs. Darrell McFarland and Leland Butler officiating. Burial will be in Portageville Cemetery.
Please send condolences to the family online at delislefuneralhome.net.