- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Roy Eugene Kinder, 77, of Jackson died Monday, Aug. 1, 2011, at Monticello House in Jackson.
He was born June 24, 1934, in Cape Girardeau, to Roy Jack and Mayme Bell Bess Kinder.
Gene graduated from Jackson High School. He was a wholesale tire salesman 33 years with Plaza Tire in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include his companion and best friend of 28 years, Sherma McCarty of Jackson; two sons, Ed (Rosie) Kinder of Lemoore, Calif., Bob (Shirley) Kinder of Jackson; a daughter, Kim (Mike) Adams of Ballwin, Mo.; six grandchildren, Ryan and Tyler Adams, Geoffrey, Liam, Dani Kinder and Jordan Kinder; Sherma's daughters, Theresa (Clark) AuBuchon of Farmington, Mo., Maria (Douglas) AuBuchon of Cape Girardeau; five grandchildren, Tiffany, Amanda, Garrett, Danielle and Todd; four great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Luther Rhodes officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.
A special thanks to Preferred Hospice for their excellent care.