- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Daniel Leon Davis, 66, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, July 27, 2011, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.
He was born Dec. 20, 1944, in Miami, to Alton and Martha Butt Davis.
He and Mary Hirsch were married May 25, 1974, at Cape Girardeau. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army.
Davis retired as an engineer with Interconnect Telephone Systems and went to work for Southeast Missouri State University at the Show Me Center. He moved to Cape Girardeau in 1995 from Norcross, Ga.
Survivors include his wife, Mary Davis of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Ilene Davis (fiance Paul Botch) of Columbia, Mo.; and a sister, Dorian Hancock (husband Ray Griffin) of DeLand, Fla.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Sunday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel, with the Rev. Paul Short officiating.
Burial will be at a later date at Lorimier Cemetery with full military honors by the Missouri Honors Team.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.