- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Heat advisory in effect for parts of Southeast Missouri
The National Weather Service has again issued a heat advisory for parts of Southeast Missouri.
Bollinger, Cape Girardeau and Perry counties are included in the advisory, which expires at 7 p.m. tonight.
The advisory follows an extended advisory that had been in place for several days before it expired Thursday night.
Temperatures in the lower 90s combined with high humidity levels today will likely push the heat index to around 105 degrees early this afternoon in the advisory area.