- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Man charged with felony after neighbors smell marijuana
A Cape Girardeau man faces felony drug charges after police discovered marijuana and other items in his possession.
Spokesman Darin Hickey said Jeffrey A. Hatton, 43, of Cape Girardeau was charged with possession of a controlled substance and intent to distribute after police searched an apartment at 902 N. West End Blvd. on Sunday and reportedly discovered more than 5 grams of marijuana, items for distributing drugs, drug paraphernalia and a weapon.
Hickey said police were notified that an odor of marijuana came from the apartment frequently.
Hatton is being held at the Cape Girardeau County Jail on a $25,000 cash-only bond.