- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Man charged with felony after neighbors smell marijuana
A Cape Girardeau man faces felony drug charges after police discovered marijuana and other items in his possession.
Spokesman Darin Hickey said Jeffrey A. Hatton, 43, of Cape Girardeau was charged with possession of a controlled substance and intent to distribute after police searched an apartment at 902 N. West End Blvd. on Sunday and reportedly discovered more than 5 grams of marijuana, items for distributing drugs, drug paraphernalia and a weapon.
Hickey said police were notified that an odor of marijuana came from the apartment frequently.
Hatton is being held at the Cape Girardeau County Jail on a $25,000 cash-only bond.