- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Bainbridge Road to be closed for street construction
Fronabarger Concreters, Inc. has started construction on phase three of the South Old Orchard Road improvement project in Jackson.
The outer road project extends from East Main Street to the Bainbridge Road bridge over Williams Creek. Beginning today, Bainbridge Road will be closed to all but local traffic between South Oak Hill Road and Interstate 55.
Through traffic will be detoured around the construction zone on nearby streets, such as East Jackson Boulevard, Lacey Street, Donna Drive and Oak Hill Road.
Motorists should use caution while traveling near the area and to obey all warning signs. Public works director Rodney Bollinger said the work should be finished by the end of the year.