- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Pachyderms to host panel on faith-based initiatives tonight
A panel of local religious leaders -- and one from New York -- will be on hand tonight to discuss faith-based initiatives at a meeting of the Southeast Missouri Pachyderm Club.
The meeting, which is open to the public, is at 7 p.m. at Dexter BBQ in Cape Girardeau.
The Pachyderms have invited local ministers as well as special guest panelist Adrienne Ross of Rock Solid Church of Hudson, N.Y., to discuss the relationship between evangelism and works in the community.
"We are all encouraged by the work that local churches do in our community and wanted to give our religious leaders an opportunity to speak with us about the approaches they have taken to help at the local level," club vice president Wayne Bowen said in a news release.
In addition to Ross, the panel will include Doug Breite of Trinity Lutheran, Sister Theresa Davey of St. Vincent's and Ron Watts of La Croix.
The Pachyderm Club meeting will kick off at 6:30 p.m. at Dexter BBQ at 236 S. Broadview St. and the program will began at 7 p.m.
236 S. Broadview St., Cape Girardeau, MO