- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)11
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)2
- Area restaurants plan for those observing Lent on Valentine's Day (2/12/18)
13th Annual RSVP/VIC Golf Tournament
The 13th Annual Retired Senior Volunteer Program/Volunteer Intergenerational Center Golf Tournament was held on Friday, July 15 at noon at the Cape Girardeau Jaycees Golf Course. 21 teams played in this year's golf tournament.
The team of Mark Morrill, Rocky Strand, Don Hahs, and Tyler Thrower won Flight A - First Place with a score of 55. Flight A - Second Place Winners were from the Bank of Missouri - Larry Angle, Corey Buchheit, Kirk Buxton, and Todd Woodfin with a score of 58. The team of Buzzi Unicem USA consisting of Robert Hodits, Steve Porterfield, Bob Wittenborn, and Rich Baker placed First in Flight B with a score of 64. Wayne Nations, Kevin Phillips, Steve Hanschen, and Travis Keen placed Second in Flight B with a scorecard tiebreaker on Hole #2.
Contest Prize Winners were Tyler Thrower (Longest Putt), Larry Angle (Longest Drive), George Glasscock (Closest to the Pin), and Tim Crosno (Closest to the Line).
The 50/50 Raffle sponsored by Modern Woodmen of America was won by Sarah Clark.
RSVP/VIC would personally like to thank the following businesses, organizations, and individuals for making this one of our most successful tournaments. Without your generosity, commitment, and volunteer efforts, we couldn't have done it without YOU!!
Bank of Missouri
Modern Woodmen of America
Kohlfeld Distributing, Inc.
River Eagle Distributing
Bluff City Beer
Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreational Department
Rhodes 101 Stops
Eye Consultants, Inc.
Wiethop Truck Sales
Artisan Contracting, Inc.
Mac Con Company
Clean The Uniform Company
Larry and Ellen Seyer
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapels
Plaza Tire Service
Medicap Pharmacy - Scott City
Security Bank and Trust Company
Progressive Dental Expressions, Inc.
D & G Professional Cleaning Services
Jack Ruopp, Chiropractor
Schaefer Water Centers
American Cancer Society
Chaffee Nursing Center
Root Hog Rally - Mike and Trina Stephens
John and Carolyn Robinson
Rebecca and Kenny Volkerding
Modern Woodmen of America Youth Group
Jacie Pattengill, our little entrepreneur
Thanks to the golf players, many businesses that sponsored a team, etc., our RSVP/VIC Advisory Council for their hard work and last but not least, a special thanks to our sponsoring agency, Southeast Missouri Area Agency on Aging for their continued support and dedication to our programs.