- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
who's neXt 7/21/11
* Members of the Area 15 FFA Officer team have begun their terms for 2011-2012. The officers are: president Micayla Gray from Jackson, vice president Kris Belken of Farmington, Mo., secretary Brock Miesner of Perryville, Mo., treasurer Anna Eftink of Bloomfield, Mo., reporter Kristofor Kranjec of Fredericktown, Mo., Sentinel Kelsy Patterson of Advance, Mo., parliamentarian Kimberly Stretch of Ste. Genevieve, Mo., chaplain Dalton Foltz of Meadow Heights, Mo., and adviser Dan Burkemper of Jackson. The officer team attended the state Area Officer Institute at the Cap of the Rising Sun on June 17 and 18 in Lake of the Ozarks, Mo., where the team learned the responsibilities of each office and leadership skills. The officer team received additional training on June 22 at the Area Leadership Training in Farmington, Mo.
* Kenneth A. Tiffany of Cape Girardeau is one of 38 students selected to participate in the Summer Talent Academy for Professions in Health at Truman State University in Kirksville, Mo. Scholars were selected from more than 200 nominees on the basis of their formal application, school transcript, letter of recommendation and scores from national achievement tests. The academy is a one-week intensive session with training in a range of medical subjects including anatomy, microbiology and physiology. Tiffany attends Notre Dame Regional High School and is the son of John and Joanne Tiffany.
-- From staff reports