- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Trail of Tears swimming beach reopens
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- Swimmers can once again visit the beach at Lake Boutin.
The swimming beach at Trail of Tears State Park has been reopened after tests showed bacteria levels had dropped.
Missouri park officials have reclosed one of the two swimming beaches at the Lake of the Ozarks State Park because of high bacteria levels.
The Grand Glaize beach had been reopened just one week ago for swimming. But the Department of Natural Resources said Wednesday the beach was closed again after tests found high levels of E. coli bacteria.