- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Dawn Marie Gilman, 46, of Jackson died Wednesday, July 13, 2011, in Jackson.
She was born July 13, 1965, in Chicago, Ill., to Douglas Lee and Marjorie Smith Stacy.
Dawn was office manager six years at Greg Abbott Equipment Sales. She liked gardening and cooking and special trips to Florida. She had a grandbaby who was her life.
Survivors include her parents, Douglas and Marjorie Stacy, Sr. of Jackson; three sons, John Gilman of Cape Girardeau, David Gilman and Luke Gilman of Jackson; two daughters, Ashley Gilman of Cape Girardeau, Brittany Gilman of Jackson; two brothers, Doug Stacy Jr. of Cape Girardeau, Shane Stacy of Burfordville; a sister, Sherry Cheney of Jackson; a granddaughter, Reagan Marie; and special friend, Greg Abbott of Jackson.
Friends may call 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Blake Tiemann officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.
Memorial contributions may be given to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.