- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Ex-Redhawks football players to get shot at title
Former Southeast Missouri State football players Henry Harris and Frank Knights will play in the gold medal game of the 2011 IFAF Senior World Championship in Austria on Saturday.
Harris, a running back, and Knights, an offensive guard, are part of a Team USA squad that advanced to the title contest with Tuesday's 17-7 win over Mexico.
Harris rushed for 6 yards on two carries and caught one pass for 6 yards to help defending champion Team USA improve to 3-0.
Team USA will take on either Japan or Canada in the championship game.
Harris and Knights helped lead Southeast to the program's first Ohio Valley Conference title and first playoff berth as seniors in 2010.