- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Southeast Missouri State basketball players House, Niemczyk receive academic honor
Southeast Missouri State men's basketball players Zach House and Nick Niemczyk have been named to the National Association of Basketball Coaches Honors Court.
The NABC Honors Court recognizes college basketball student-athletes who excelled in academics during the 2010-11 school year.
House posted a 4.0 grade-point average in business administration and finance, while Bell City High School graduate Niemczyk carried a 3.5 GPA in physical education.
Six student-athletes from Ohio Valley Conference schools made the Honors Court. To be eligible, players must be either a junior or senior academically and have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.2 at the conclusion of the 2010-11 academic year.
-- Southeast Missourian