- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Clara J. Cattron, 78, of Jackson passed away Tuesday, July 12, 2011, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 31, 1932, in Wynne, Ark., daughter of Everett and Sue Hatchett Burton. She and Lowen H. Cattron were married Aug. 29, 1952.
Clara was a small claims specialist with Shelter Insurance Co., and worked for the Missouri Division of Employment, retiring in 1991.
In addition to her loving husband, survivors include two sons, Randy (Janet) Cattron and Terry Cattron of Fruitland; a daughter, Brenda (Barry) Hensley of Jackson; four grandchildren, Leni (Matthew) Fluegge Lambdin, Jessica Cattron Hahs, and Casey and Carlie Cattron; two great-grandchildren, Mackenzie and Peyton Hahs; a brother, Jerry (Pat) Burton of Conroe, Texas; and a sister, Kathryn Barnhill of Springfield, Mo.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at the chapel of McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Randy Conn officiating. Burial will be in Apple Creek Cemetery near Pocahontas.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.