"There was no reason to think there was any foul play," Glency said.
Andrew Biler, 21, and Bryton and Jaden Nicholson, ages 2 and 3 years old, all died of smoke inhalation due to the fire. A fourth person, the toddlers' grandmother, also Biler's mother, was injured in the fire. Glency said the last he heard from the family was that the woman was recovering from small burns to her hands and the side of her face.
A fire that injured a man in his 50s on July 6 at 508 N. 3rd St., has been ruled accidental. Glency said the man was cooking bacon on the stove and fell asleep. Firefighters rescued the man from a back bedroom. Glency said the man is doing well and staying with a member of his family.
121 Black Ave., Chaffee, MO
508 N. 3rd St., Chaffee, MO