- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Happy 90th Birthday to Anna Mae Rigdon and Happy Birthday to her daughter Cynthia Rigdon. Both pose from St. Francis Hospital Room where Anna Mae is a patient. Mrs. Rigdon's daughter Cynthia was born on her birthday. When asked the day Cynthia was born about being happy that she had a child born on her birthday, Mrs. Rigdon said, "Well, I'd rather have a steak dinner for my birthday!"And today, even though a hospital is not the place anyone would choose to be to celebrate a birthday, Anna Mae's twelve children are thankful that she is doing so much better. We are thankful that she will be around to celebrate many more birthdays.
Happy Birthday Anna Mae and Cynthia!