- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Highway 13 near Table Rock Lake is expanding
BRANSON, Mo. -- The trip to Table Rock Lake in southwest Missouri should be faster and safer in a couple of years.
Work crews have begun widening Missouri 13 between Branson West and Table Rock Lake at Kimberling City.
The Springfield News-Leader reported that when the 5.5-mile, $20 million project is done, the northern half will have four lanes and the southern half will have three lanes.
Linda Bokel, project manager for the state transportation department, said the highway carries as many as 16,000 vehicles a day during the summer.