- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Dora Ella Miget, 82, of Jackson went to be with her Lord Saturday, July 9, 2011, at her home.
She was born March 23, 1929, in Hickman, Ky., a daughter to Isaac Joseph and Anna Nora Higgerson Tisher. She and Vincent J. Miget Jr. were married June 16, 1949, in New Madrid, Mo. He died May 13, 1992.
Dora had worked as a telephone operator early in her career. She later was owner of Heartland Crafts and Gifts in Jackson, retiring in 1992. She was a member of Rock of Cape Church.
Survivors include a son, Stephen Miget of Fort Collins, Colo.; three daughters, Sherry Whaley of Jackson, Nancy Miget of Denver, Colo., Karen (Danny) Mangrum of Arvada, Colo.; three sisters, Lena Michelena of Sikeston, Mo., Marie Viola of Jackson, Maxie Ritter of Osage Beach, Mo.; 13 grandchildren; and a great-granddaughter.
She was preceded in death by her husband; a son, Larry; two brothers, J.D. and Jack; two sisters, Lucille and Sue.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Mark Carbaugh officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Eagle Ridge Christian School.