- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Roger Neil Allmon, 60, of Jackson passed away Saturday, July 9, 2011, to be with his Lord our God.
He was born April 3, 1951, in St. Louis, son of Glenn E. and Avis E. Mabrey Allmon. He married his love, Linda L. Brown, June 12, 1971, at Whitewater Methodist Church in Whitewater. They celebrated 40 wonderful years in June.
Roger graduated from Delta High School in 1969 and Southeast Missouri State University in 1973. After college he worked for Missouri Department of Social and Welfare Services. He then worked as an electrician at Procter & Gamble in Cape Girardeau, retiring in 2001 after 25 years.
Roger loved life, his family and friends. He enjoyed flying airplanes and riding his motorcycle. He loved the Mississippi River and boated all the way to New Orleans with his good friend. Roger was an avid reader and was always teaching himself and others new things. He was a member of Whitewater Masonic Lodge 417.
Roger loved his family dearly. Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Dr. Amanda Allmon Hoffman and husband Jason of Columbia, Mo.; a son, Adam Neil Allmon of Cape Girardeau; precious grandsons, Graham Allmon Hoffman and Beckett Allmon Hoffman of Columbia; his mother of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Mona Lee Seabaugh and husband Terry of Fruitland; two nephews, Matthew Seabaugh of Illinois and Andy Seabaugh of Oak Ridge.
Also sisters-in-law, Wanda Alvey of Fairmont City, Ill., Phylis Reigert of Delta, Kathy Mouser of Wentzville, Mo., Donna McClard of Delta; brothers-in-law, Robert (Odean) Brown of Jackson, Ernest (Brenda) Brown of Delta, Danny (Carolyn) Brown of Scott City, Frank (Pat) Brown of Perkins, Mo., David (Kim) Brown of Springfield, Mo.; many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his father in February 2011 and a sister-in-law, Margaret Thorne.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at the chapel of McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson. A Masonic service will be held at 7:30.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Don Kuehle officiating. Burial will be in Bollinger County Memorial Park in Marble Hill, Mo.
Memorials may be made to Whitewater United Methodist Church, Whitewater Masonic Lodge 417 or donor's choice.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.