- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
After nearly three years leading the Jackson Chamber of Commerce, executive director Brian Gerau will step down from his position with the organization July 29 and take on a new position with SoutheastHEALTH as a senior development officer.
Gerau, who previously served as director of Sylvan Learning Center in Cape Girardeau and territory sales manager with the Altria Group, was responsible in part for helping increase the chamber's membership and finding creative ways for the organization to be effective. He did this with boundless energy and a witty and amusing style.
A committee has been charged with the task of finding a replacement for Gerau, said Jason Wray, chamber board president. Gerau will also be of assistance in the process, according to Wray. Applications for the position will be accepted until July 15.
We, like many others involved with the Jackson Chamber, are sad to see Gerau step down, but we wish him well in his future endeavors and look forward to his continued involvement in the chamber and community.
The chamber committee tasked with finding a new executive director has an important job ahead of them. We trust the committee members will find the right person, and we look forward to seeing continued success in Jackson as a result of having a strong and vibrant chamber.