- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
After nearly three years leading the Jackson Chamber of Commerce, executive director Brian Gerau will step down from his position with the organization July 29 and take on a new position with SoutheastHEALTH as a senior development officer.
Gerau, who previously served as director of Sylvan Learning Center in Cape Girardeau and territory sales manager with the Altria Group, was responsible in part for helping increase the chamber's membership and finding creative ways for the organization to be effective. He did this with boundless energy and a witty and amusing style.
A committee has been charged with the task of finding a replacement for Gerau, said Jason Wray, chamber board president. Gerau will also be of assistance in the process, according to Wray. Applications for the position will be accepted until July 15.
We, like many others involved with the Jackson Chamber, are sad to see Gerau step down, but we wish him well in his future endeavors and look forward to his continued involvement in the chamber and community.
The chamber committee tasked with finding a new executive director has an important job ahead of them. We trust the committee members will find the right person, and we look forward to seeing continued success in Jackson as a result of having a strong and vibrant chamber.