- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
After nearly three years leading the Jackson Chamber of Commerce, executive director Brian Gerau will step down from his position with the organization July 29 and take on a new position with SoutheastHEALTH as a senior development officer.
Gerau, who previously served as director of Sylvan Learning Center in Cape Girardeau and territory sales manager with the Altria Group, was responsible in part for helping increase the chamber's membership and finding creative ways for the organization to be effective. He did this with boundless energy and a witty and amusing style.
A committee has been charged with the task of finding a replacement for Gerau, said Jason Wray, chamber board president. Gerau will also be of assistance in the process, according to Wray. Applications for the position will be accepted until July 15.
We, like many others involved with the Jackson Chamber, are sad to see Gerau step down, but we wish him well in his future endeavors and look forward to his continued involvement in the chamber and community.
The chamber committee tasked with finding a new executive director has an important job ahead of them. We trust the committee members will find the right person, and we look forward to seeing continued success in Jackson as a result of having a strong and vibrant chamber.