- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
California man celebrates 'Odd Day' - 7/9/11
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. -- A San Francisco Bay-area man is calling on people to do some odd things on Saturday -- 7/9/11 -- one of only six dates this century that features three consecutive odd numbers.
Ron Gordon, a retired Redwood City teacher, has set up a website to celebrate the date, which he has dubbed "Odd Day." Among his recommendations: doing odds and ends, rooting for the odds-on-favorite and watching the "Odd Couple."
Gordon says he has been fascinated with curious dates since he wrote a check in 1981 and noticed that the date, 9/9/81, was coming up. That led to his first Square Root Day.
Other such days then followed, with Gordon turning to the Web to promote them and offering cash prizes to people who do something special to commemorate them.