- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
California man celebrates 'Odd Day' - 7/9/11
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. -- A San Francisco Bay-area man is calling on people to do some odd things on Saturday -- 7/9/11 -- one of only six dates this century that features three consecutive odd numbers.
Ron Gordon, a retired Redwood City teacher, has set up a website to celebrate the date, which he has dubbed "Odd Day." Among his recommendations: doing odds and ends, rooting for the odds-on-favorite and watching the "Odd Couple."
Gordon says he has been fascinated with curious dates since he wrote a check in 1981 and noticed that the date, 9/9/81, was coming up. That led to his first Square Root Day.
Other such days then followed, with Gordon turning to the Web to promote them and offering cash prizes to people who do something special to commemorate them.