- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Miner man charged with statutory sodomy
MINE, Mo. -- A Miner man is in custody for several sex charges involving a child.
Michael D. Webb, 41, is charged with three counts of first-degree statutory sodomy. On Wednesday, a warrant was issued for Webb's arrest, with a bond set at $100,000 cash only.
As of press time, an arraignment was not yet set, and Webb was in custody at the Scott County Jail.
According to a probable-cause affidavit signed by officer Don Tinnin of the Miner Police Department, he was contacted by the Oran police chief about an incident reported of a possible sexual crime involving a 7-year-old.
Tinnin wrote that once he contacted a relative of the victim, who made the report, he learned that a 7-year-old had opened up to a family friend that something had been bothering her.