- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)1
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)5
Miner man charged with statutory sodomy
MINE, Mo. -- A Miner man is in custody for several sex charges involving a child.
Michael D. Webb, 41, is charged with three counts of first-degree statutory sodomy. On Wednesday, a warrant was issued for Webb's arrest, with a bond set at $100,000 cash only.
As of press time, an arraignment was not yet set, and Webb was in custody at the Scott County Jail.
According to a probable-cause affidavit signed by officer Don Tinnin of the Miner Police Department, he was contacted by the Oran police chief about an incident reported of a possible sexual crime involving a 7-year-old.
Tinnin wrote that once he contacted a relative of the victim, who made the report, he learned that a 7-year-old had opened up to a family friend that something had been bothering her.