- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Moo Sul Kwan raises money for Joplin
Students at Moo Sul Kwan will be doing push-ups and demonstrations from noon to 1:30 p.m. Saturday at Arena Park Shelter No. 1 to raise money for tornado victims in Joplin, Mo. To sponsor a student per push-up or for more information call Nick Slinkard at 382-4244.
Fire department hosts annual dinner
Perkins Volunteer Fire Department will host its 42nd annual fish and chicken dinner including homemade ice cream from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday. An auction begins a 5 p.m. followed by live music. The department is on Route P in Perkins, Mo.
Church youth hold LemonAid stand
The children and young adults from Cornerstone Wesleyan Church in Scott City will be giving out free lemonade at the LemonAid Stand, organized to raise money for Blood:Water Mission. The Nashville, Tenn.-based charity helps secure clean water and aids clinics in sub-Saharan Africa. A bake sale and yard sale will also be set up and will donate all proceeds from sales to Blood:Water. Stop by for lemonade starting at 7:30 a.m. Saturday at Cornerstone Wesleyan Church on Outer Road in Scott City.
Church welcomes children for VBS
Harmony Congregational Methodist Church invites children in preschool through sixth grade to attend "God's Gold Rush: Discovering The Rock of Ages" vacation Bible school. The VBS will be from 6 to 8:30 p.m. July 18 to 22. A meal will be served each night for students and workers. Harmony is 6 miles east of Marble Hill, Mo., or three miles west of Gravel Hill, Mo., on Highway 34. For more information, call 238-2195.
Grossheider family plans reunion
The annual Grossheider family reunion will be at noon Saturday at Zion Lutheran Church Parish Hall, Highway 25, south of Gordonville. Attendees should bring two dishes (one should be a meat or main dish casserole). Table service and beverages will be provided. For more information, contact LaVerne Levy at 314-846-4787.
Missouri Foundation for Health Seeks Applicants for Board
The Missouti Foundation for Health is accepting applications to be considered to its Board of Directors.
Board members serve unpaid three year terms and must live in the MFH service region, five positions are available each year. To download an MFH Board application visit http://www.mffh.org/content/476/mfh-boar.... Applications can be sent to Community Advisory Council Missouri Foundation for Health 1000 St. Louis Union Station, Ste. 400 St. Louis, MO 63103 and must be postmarked before August 12. Contact MFH at 314-345-5500 with questions.