- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Walter "Wally" Claar, 37, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, July 6, 2011, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
He was born April 25, 1974, in Centralia, Ill., to Edwin A. and Sharon Lowery Claar. He married Angela Goff.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Kayci Claar of Ste. Genevieve, Mo.; a son, Caleb Claar of Ste. Genevieve; his parents, Eddie and Sharon Claar of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Eddie Claar Jr. of Galveston, Texas, Robert Claar of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Buffy Bastian of Murphysboro, Ill.; two nieces, Patricia and Maddison Arbieter of Murphysboro; a nephew, Cameron Arbieter of Murphysboro; other relatives and friends.
He was preceded in death by a brother, Richard Claar.
Friends may call from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday at Crain Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
A memorial service will follow.
Memorial contributions may be made to Teen Challenge.
To leave online condolences, please visit www.crainsonline.com.