- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
FEMA closing Sikeston disaster recovery center Saturday
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Scott County residents looking for assistance to recover from this spring's flooding will have one less resource at hand after Saturday. The Federal Emergency Management Agency has announced the closing of the FEMA/State Disaster Recovery Center at 103 S. Kingshighway in Sikeston at 6 p.m. Saturday.
The facility is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. today through Saturday.
Before visiting a recovery center, flood victims are urged to first register with FEMA. Registration may be completed online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov, by smartphone through m.FEMA.gov or by calling FEMA's toll-free registration line at 1-800-621-3362.
Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loans up to $200,000 are available to homeowners to repair or replace damaged or destroyed real estate. Homeowners and renters also may be eligible for up to $40,000 to repair or replace damaged or destroyed personal property.
Those unable to visit the Sikeston center still can use the New Madrid County center.
Located at the Morehouse Elementary School Cafeteria, 420 S. Carroll St., Morehouse, the center will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Officials said this center will remain open until further notice.
103 S. Kingshighway, Sikeston, MO
420 S. Carroll St., Morehouse, MO