- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Area digest 7/6/11
Williams, Pobst team for victory
Danny Williams and Amy Pobst combined to win the SEMO Horseshoe Association's nine-team tournament at the Scott City Knights of Columbus.
The team of Tim Bryant and Lachelle Cook took second, while Glen Backfisch and Larry Glastetter were third.
The team of Virgil Schreckenberg and Cook won the 12-team tournament at the Leopold Knights of Columbus.
Bob Burnett and Cori Stoverink placed second, while Williams and Kelcee DaVault took third.
Jason Rains and Dawn Morrow took first place in the 30-team tournament at the Oran picnic.
Keith Morrow and Pobst finished second, while Danny Forehand and Cook were third.
The next tournament is scheduled for Saturday at the Backyard Club.
Cape Junior Legion dumps Sikeston
Justin Landewee struck out one over seven innings to lead the Cape Girardeau Plaza Tire Junior American Legion Post 63 baseball team past Sikeston 7-5 on Tuesday.
Ramsey Scott went 3 for 3 with two runs scored, while Stephen Brennan and Aaron Grainger also scored twice in the win.
Post 63 then played Paducah, Ky., and fell 9-0.
Austin Caldwell struck out three and walked four over four innings in a losing effort.
Landewee went 2 for 3 and Logan Henson added a hit for Post 63 (11-15).
Cape opens district play Thursday against Sikeston in Jackson.
Morris, Miller team for win
The team of Kathy Morris and Carol Miller won the Cape Girardeau Country Club's Women's Golf Association's weekly outing.
E.R. Fisher and Donna Wheeler placed second, while Joyce Kuntze and Mary Sue Layton were third.
-- From staff reports