- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Edna A. Meier, 89, of Perryville died Monday, July 4, 2011, at Independence Care Center of Perry County.
She was born March 12, 1922, in Cape Girardeau County, daughter of August E. and Johanna Pauline Macke Biester. She and Raymond E. Meier were married Dec. 12, 1965. He preceded her in death April 26, 2002.
Survivors include 10 nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; two sisters, Ruby Kuntze and Helen Meier.
Mrs. Meier had worked for International Shoe Co. She was a member of Salem Lutheran Church in Farrar, Mo. She loved flowers and gardening.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today and 6:30 to 8 a.m. Thursday at Young and Sons Funeral Chapel.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at Salem Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Roger Abernathy officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.
Memorials are preferred to United in Christ Lutheran School or Salem Lutheran Church.