- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Edna A. Meier, 89, of Perryville died Monday, July 4, 2011, at Independence Care Center of Perry County.
She was born March 12, 1922, in Cape Girardeau County, daughter of August E. and Johanna Pauline Macke Biester. She and Raymond E. Meier were married Dec. 12, 1965. He preceded her in death April 26, 2002.
Survivors include 10 nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; two sisters, Ruby Kuntze and Helen Meier.
Mrs. Meier had worked for International Shoe Co. She was a member of Salem Lutheran Church in Farrar, Mo. She loved flowers and gardening.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today and 6:30 to 8 a.m. Thursday at Young and Sons Funeral Chapel.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at Salem Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Roger Abernathy officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.
Memorials are preferred to United in Christ Lutheran School or Salem Lutheran Church.