- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Cape Girardeau City Council action 7/5/11
* Held a public hearing to consider the voluntary annexation petition submitted by Terry and Marla Mills and Matthew and Michele Rubel for property at 155 and 181 Cougar Run.
* Held a public hearing regarding the request of Terry and Marla Mills and Matthew and Michele Rubel to zone the properties at 155 and 181 Cougar Run to the R-1 (single-family suburban residential) zoning district.
* Passed ordinance appropriating funds for operating expenditures, debt service payments, capital expenditures and transfers for the fiscal year ending June 30. Second and third readings.
* Passed an ordinance approving the record plat of J.D. Estates Subdivision. Second and third readings.
* Passed an ordinance authorizing the city manager to execute a declaration of restrictive covenants with various property owners pertaining to the Cape Centre Development. Second and third readings.
* Authorized a resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a contract with Old Town Cape Inc. for the Downtown Strategic Plan Implementation created through the Dream Initiative. Reading and passage.
* Passed an ordinance authorizing the acquisition of property for the wastewater treatment plant. First reading.