- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Jackson Chamber of Commerce director accepts jobs with SoutheastHealth
The Jackson Chamber of Commerce is searching for a new executive director after the resignation of Brian Gerau.
Gerau, who became executive director in November 2008, has accepted a new position as a senior development officer with SoutheastHealth.
"I speak for the entire board and its membership when I say we're very sad to see him go because he has done an outstanding job," said Jason Wray, chamber board president. "It's going to be difficult to replace him."
During his nearly three years as executive director, Gerau helped the chamber increase its membership and developed creative new ways for the organization to be effective, Wray said.
A hiring committee has been appointed to select a replacement, Wray said. The committee consists of Geoff Parker, Jeff Martin and Dennis Vinson. Applications are being accepted until July 15.
Gerau will also assist in this process, Wray said.
"He's still going to be a part of the Jackson chamber, just not as the director," Wray said. "He's still going to be involved and we'll see him at Business After Hours and business breakfasts."
Gerau moved to the area in 2004 when he became director of Sylvan Learning Center in Cape Girardeau. Before accepting his position as chamber director, Gerau was a territory sales manager with the Altria Group.
His last day with the chamber is July 29. He begins his new job at SoutheastHealth Aug. 1.
125 E. Main Street, Jackson, Mo.