- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Joshua Marshall Goodin, 32, of Jackson died Sunday, July 3, 2011, in a farming accident near Highway 74 in Cape Girardeau County.
He was born March 30, 1979, in Cape Girardeau, to Eddie and Tonya Carnell Goodin.
He and Kea Scheffer were married on May 10, 2003, at Cape Girardeau.
He attended St. Mary Cathedral in Cape Girardeau. Josh was raised in the family wrecker business, Carnell's Garage and Wrecker Service, giving him a love for wreckers and helping others. Later Josh found his passion in farm equipment, but his true joy was his kids.
Survivors include his wife, Kea Goodin of Jackson; a son, Lucas Goodin of Jackson; a daughter, Mallory Goodin of Jackson; his father, Eddie (Victoria) Goodin of Jackson; a brother, Scott Goodin; a sister, Cortney Goodin; a stepbrother, Christopher (Laci) Summers of Jackson; a stepsister, Sarah Summers of Jackson; his father- and mother-in-law, Charles and LaDonna Scheffer of Cape Girardeau; a brother-in-law, Todd (Debe) Scheffer of Cape Girardeau; a sister-in-law, Kelli (Terry) James of Jackson; nieces, Marissa Scheffer, Abbie James and Coryah Goodin; a nephew, Jaden Goodin; and his paternal grandmother, Loretta Goodin of Cape Girardeau
He was preceded in death by his mother, Tonya Carnell Goodin; maternal grandparents, Clarence and Evelyn Carnell; and paternal grandfather, Robert Goodin.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau. Parish prayers will be at 7.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Tom Kiefer officiating.
Burial will be at Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.
In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to the family for Joshua Goodin's Children's Education Fund.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.