- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Cape Chinese restaurant purchases old Ponderosa property in Perryville (10/10/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Ships to stay docked in Cape a week longer (10/10/17)
- Janet Koenig creates painted quilts to add flair to local barns (10/13/17)
Jackson Art Group July News
Jackson Art Group members will participate in Art In The Park at Jackson City Park on July 4. There will be hands-on activities for children and artists will have their work for sale.
Chris Pagano will be the featured artist at Steck House Gallery in July. Work displayed will include a series of poetry chairs; a series of hand dyed fabrics; drawings, sculpture, paintings, weaving. Chris worked as a graphic designer in NY's garment district and later in publishing on Long Island, where she grew up. She enjoys working in all mediums and is always pleased to learn new techniques. Her purpose of creating poetry chairs was to connect the public to some great poetry by means of utilitarian objects present just about everywhere. "I think poets reflect thoughts, feelings, and ideas shared by all people. Decorating the chairs with poetry aims for encouraging understanding among one another, ultimately reaching the potential for peace."
Chris' reception starts at 3 p.m. Saturday, July 9. There will be ors d'oeuvres and finger foods. A poetry reading is on the agenda. Bring your favorite poem.