- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
Jackson Art Group July News
Jackson Art Group members will participate in Art In The Park at Jackson City Park on July 4. There will be hands-on activities for children and artists will have their work for sale.
Chris Pagano will be the featured artist at Steck House Gallery in July. Work displayed will include a series of poetry chairs; a series of hand dyed fabrics; drawings, sculpture, paintings, weaving. Chris worked as a graphic designer in NY's garment district and later in publishing on Long Island, where she grew up. She enjoys working in all mediums and is always pleased to learn new techniques. Her purpose of creating poetry chairs was to connect the public to some great poetry by means of utilitarian objects present just about everywhere. "I think poets reflect thoughts, feelings, and ideas shared by all people. Decorating the chairs with poetry aims for encouraging understanding among one another, ultimately reaching the potential for peace."
Chris' reception starts at 3 p.m. Saturday, July 9. There will be ors d'oeuvres and finger foods. A poetry reading is on the agenda. Bring your favorite poem.