- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Jackson Art Group July News
Jackson Art Group members will participate in Art In The Park at Jackson City Park on July 4. There will be hands-on activities for children and artists will have their work for sale.
Chris Pagano will be the featured artist at Steck House Gallery in July. Work displayed will include a series of poetry chairs; a series of hand dyed fabrics; drawings, sculpture, paintings, weaving. Chris worked as a graphic designer in NY's garment district and later in publishing on Long Island, where she grew up. She enjoys working in all mediums and is always pleased to learn new techniques. Her purpose of creating poetry chairs was to connect the public to some great poetry by means of utilitarian objects present just about everywhere. "I think poets reflect thoughts, feelings, and ideas shared by all people. Decorating the chairs with poetry aims for encouraging understanding among one another, ultimately reaching the potential for peace."
Chris' reception starts at 3 p.m. Saturday, July 9. There will be ors d'oeuvres and finger foods. A poetry reading is on the agenda. Bring your favorite poem.