- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Jackson Art Group July News
Jackson Art Group members will participate in Art In The Park at Jackson City Park on July 4. There will be hands-on activities for children and artists will have their work for sale.
Chris Pagano will be the featured artist at Steck House Gallery in July. Work displayed will include a series of poetry chairs; a series of hand dyed fabrics; drawings, sculpture, paintings, weaving. Chris worked as a graphic designer in NY's garment district and later in publishing on Long Island, where she grew up. She enjoys working in all mediums and is always pleased to learn new techniques. Her purpose of creating poetry chairs was to connect the public to some great poetry by means of utilitarian objects present just about everywhere. "I think poets reflect thoughts, feelings, and ideas shared by all people. Decorating the chairs with poetry aims for encouraging understanding among one another, ultimately reaching the potential for peace."
Chris' reception starts at 3 p.m. Saturday, July 9. There will be ors d'oeuvres and finger foods. A poetry reading is on the agenda. Bring your favorite poem.