- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)30
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Sister: Shooting victim died a hero (9/30/16)8
- Perryville couple arrested on felony drug charges after sting operation (9/29/16)
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
2011 Jackson Homecomers
2011 Jackson Homecomers
Salute to our Military Men, Women and Veterans all week
The Jackson Homecomers Celebration will be July 26-July 30, 2011.
At 6:30pm Mayor Barb Lohr and the Jackson Muny Band will kick off the beginning of 5 nights of entertainment. Also at 6:30pm the Homecomecomers 1 Mile Youth Run will take place and at 7pm the 5K Race will start at the city park.
The Homecomers Queen Contest will be held at 8:00pm on Tuesday, July 26, 2011 and will be held on the stage in front of the court house. The contest is open to all girls who will be entering the 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade during the 2011-2012 school year. The Homecomers Queen and 1st runner-up will receive gifts and prizes donated by local merchants.
The 5th Annual Senior Idol Contest will be held on Wednesday July 27, 2011. All seniors age 55 or older are invited to compete. Prizes will be awarded along with the People's Choice Award.
The Gospel Singing Event will also be held on Wednesday evening. Montgomery Bank sponsors the Senior Idols and Gospel event.
The Annual Talent Show will be on Thursday, July 28 and Friday July 29, 2011 and as always it will be held on the stage in front of the courthouse. Winners and runners-up may compete on Friday July 29. Winners on finals night will receive prizes. The overall winner of the 13-21 age group will be invited to the Youth Talent Contest at Mid South Fair in Memphis, Tennessee. A representative from Mid South Fair will be in Jackson on finals night and may invite others to participate in the Talent Contest at Mid South Fair in Memphis.
Amateur acts of singing, dancing, acrobatics and instrumentals are invited to attend---singles, groups or duets. There is no piano and the stage is outdoors.
After the talent show there will be local entertainment.
Entry forms for all contests are available online at www.jacksonhomecomers.com and the Jackson Chamber of Commerce.
Deadline for entries 5:00pm Friday July 22, 2011.
Participation in the Talent Show and Queen Contest will be on a first come, first serve basis, there will be a limited number of contestants. There are no entry fees.
On Friday the final competition of the Talent show will begin at 6:30pm and after the talent show the Cabin Fever Band will entertain the crowd.
On Saturday evening starting at 6:30pm The 312th Army Band out of Lawrence, Kansas will be performing, among the band members will be a local man Brent Kinder.
Mr. Kinder is the son of Michael and Virginia Browne and grandson of the late Eugene and Betty Wilson of Jackson
Later in the evening we will feature The Jefferson Fox Show.
Each night there will be an attendance drawing around 10pm.
For more information contact Linda Penzel, Director at 573-979-1112.