- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Monsignor Richard Buchheit
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Monsignor Richard Anton Buchheit, 74, of Florissant, Mo., died Wednesday, June 29, 2011, at St. Luke's Hospital in Chesterfield, Mo.
He was born Jan. 29, 1937, in Perry County, son of Edwin and Barbara Unterreiner Buchheit.
Survivors include two brothers, Lawrence (Shirley) Buchheit, Leo (Gwen) Buchheit; a sister, Jeanette (Daniel) Klobe, all of Perryville; 12 nieces and nephews; 31 great-nieces and nephews.
Buchheit was ordained March 30, 1963, at Kenrick Seminary. In September 1995 Justin Cardinal Rigali, then archbishop of St. Louis, announced that Pope John Paul II had conferred the title of monsignor on Buchheit.
During his priestly years, he served the St. Louis parishes of Holy Family, St. Edward, King, St. Philip Neri, St. Bridget of Erin, Visitation/St. Ann, St. Paul in Fenton, Incarnate Word in Chesterfield, St. Maurus in Biehle, Holy Family in Port Hudson, St. Gerald in Gerald, St. Clare of Assisi in Ellisville, St. Norbert in Florissant; and Cristo Rey in La Paz Bolivia. He taught at Bishop DuBourg High School.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today and 6:30 a.m. to service time Saturday at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Apple Creek, Mo.
Funeral Mass will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the church, with the Rev. Tony Datillo officiating. Burial will be in St. Michael's Cemetery at Apple Creek.
Memorials preferred to Latin America Apostolate, 20 Archbishop May Drive, St. Louis, MO 63119; St. Joseph Church, 138 St. Joseph Lane, Perryville, MO 63775; St. Vincent Schools/St. Vincent Parish, 1010 Rosati Court, Perryville, MO 63775; or St. Norbert's Church, 16455 New Halls Ferry Road, Florissant, MO 63031.
Miller Family Funeral Home is in charge of local arrangements.