- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
FLORA, Ill. -- Roberta R. Washburn, 81, of Flora died Wednesday, June 29, 2011, at Flora Gardens Healthcare Center in Flora.
She was born March 15, 1930, in Eureka, Kan., daughter of William and Ida Ramsey Jones. She married Kenneth L. Washburn on Oct. 23, 1948, in Casey, Ill.
Ms. Washburn was a member of Calvary Baptist Church and an honorary member of the Rebekah Lodge in Flora.
Survivors include two daughters, Roseann (Billy) Bell of Chaffee, Mo., Leeann Phillips of Flora; a sister, Doris Wooden of Mount Vernon, Ill.; seven grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Kenneth L. Washburn; a daughter, Yvetta Jones; three sisters, Inez Fain, Geneva Hall, Doreen Etchison; and a brother, Donald Jones.
Visitation will be from 4 p.m. until time of service Saturday at Frank and Bright Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 6 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Mike Evans officiating.
For those who wish, memorials may be made to the family.