- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
FLORA, Ill. -- Roberta R. Washburn, 81, of Flora died Wednesday, June 29, 2011, at Flora Gardens Healthcare Center in Flora.
She was born March 15, 1930, in Eureka, Kan., daughter of William and Ida Ramsey Jones. She married Kenneth L. Washburn on Oct. 23, 1948, in Casey, Ill.
Ms. Washburn was a member of Calvary Baptist Church and an honorary member of the Rebekah Lodge in Flora.
Survivors include two daughters, Roseann (Billy) Bell of Chaffee, Mo., Leeann Phillips of Flora; a sister, Doris Wooden of Mount Vernon, Ill.; seven grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Kenneth L. Washburn; a daughter, Yvetta Jones; three sisters, Inez Fain, Geneva Hall, Doreen Etchison; and a brother, Donald Jones.
Visitation will be from 4 p.m. until time of service Saturday at Frank and Bright Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 6 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Mike Evans officiating.
For those who wish, memorials may be made to the family.