- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Jackson Senior Babe Ruth sweeps pair
The Jackson Senior Babe Ruth baseball team swept a home doubleheader against Dexter on Tuesday night to extend its winning streak to six games.
Jackson (15-9) won the opener 7-3 and followed with an 11-3 victory.
Jon Winkler recorded the win in the first game, allowing four hits in five innings. He walked two and struck out five. Clay Roth notched the save with two scoreless innings.
Spencer Sander led the offense with two hits, including a triple, and three RBIs. Trent Steffens also had two hits.
Ethan Dambach pitched a complete game to collect the win in the nightcap. Dambach allowed four hits and walked six. C.J. McAlister had a pair of doubles to pace the offense.
-- From staff reports